Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Past and Present


Yesterday Mum, Maria and I went to visit Michelle and the kids because Mum hasn't seen little Alisha yet. It was nice to see them and catch up again, and Mum was so happy, she commented on several occasions afterwards how well-behaved Jacob was and how Michelle is naturally a good mother. She really is. I don't know how she does it, but she just knows what to do, and I guess it stems from just loving her kids and spending time with them. I hope I'll be a good mum like that one day.

Afterwards we went shopping at Marion for my Union Christmas dinner which was on that night. I really didn't think we'd find anything that I looked ok in but good old mum always finds something, so I had my outfit set for the night. We had a quick lunch then I had to dash off for a facial. So, now, fastforwarding to the night.

I wasn't really looking forward to this dinner because this girl I used to work with at Modbury, Sarah, was going to be there, and last year we had a bit of a falling out. The details are kinda sketchy and hard to remember let alone tell someone else about, but basically, she was blatantly flirting with Ivan then when she found out I got upset by it basically accused Ivan of spreading stuff about her or something. Anyway, at the time I tried to sort it out but she never returned my phone calls so stuff her. So yeah, didn't really want to see her. But, we decided to go anyway because we very rarely go out and I do like getting all dressed up occasionally, as most girls do.

So anyway, the dinner was at the Adelaide Convention Centre which has stacks of different rooms, so in the foyer there about four different signs pointing people in the directions of their parties. And one of the signs pointed in the direction of the Salisbury East High School formal! I was so excited even though the kids graduating weren't even in Year 8 when I left that school, but it was still kinda freaky. And because there was so much going on, some people are idiots who can't read so there wre ushers directing people aswell. And, although Michelle is the only person that will know this name, Rebecca Walker was one of the ushers. I think it was just sheer coincidence that she works at the convention centre on the night her old high school are having their formal.

So anyway, we had some drinks in the foyer and played the "avoid Sarah" game. Thankfully Julie was there and she saved seats at her table for us. Apparently Sarah asked to sit with her and Julie told her she couldn't, because she was gonna sit with us. To which Sarah replied that I was the one with the problem, not her. Utter bullshit, I sent no nasty emails and I wasn't the one who didn't return the calls. Anyway, felt like I was actually in high school myself, was rather childish. As always happens when you go to such posh places, the food is not only in tiny portions but often disgusting. It was lucky Ivan and I planned ahead and ate a hearty meal before we left. The main course was pretty good but the rest sucked. After dinner we stayed and chatted for a bit and then pretty much left, although by this time it was already 10:30 or something. As we were walking through the foyer we noticed the Salisbury East kids were getting their photos taken, and even though I didn't know anyone, I just had to stay and watch for a while. They all looked so good, the boys never looked so handsome at my formal, I'm sure of it. I tried to look for teachers I might recognise but didn't even have any luck there.

So was an interesting night, glad it's over. Yeah, it's fun getting all dressed up, but I'd rather go to like a wedding or at least dinner where I know I'd have a decent meal with people I actually want to see. Today has been a lazy day, and I dread work tomorrow as usual. Nothing changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)