Search This Blog

Monday, December 01, 2003

Censorship


Today I heard that one of my entries of a less favourable variety was found by an online search for the person's name, which surprised me a little because the person has an extremely common name, and I didn't include their surname. I heard this while I was at work and then spent the last hour of my shift wondering if I should remove any nasty posts I've made on here and refrain from posting what I feel. But that's censoring myself, which is what I asked Squash not to do on his blog just because people he was writing about found it. I want to be able to write what I want on here, but at the same time I don't want to make matters worse between me and said person, nor do I want to make them feel bad just because I can't get along with everyone I come into contact with. What do you guys think? Should some thoughts just be kept to myself, or should I just write whatever I want? Some deep, personal thoughts will never be revealed here, this is not that type of a blog, but what about this other stuff? Do I ignore arguments or disagreements and just write happy thoughts?

As it turns out, I've done a Google search on the name and in three pages of results could not find any reference to my blog, so I don't know where this other person was looking. I'm not gonna say the name again for fear of ending up on some random search engine. So, opinions? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)