Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Overdue update


I am so sorry, I was getting so good at updating this regularly too! I've given up on the "trying to write something about my Cogs friends" thing because I sat here and thought of the names of people I regularly chat to, and then the people I chat to every now and then who wanted to be included, and decided it was all too hard :P Sorry.

So what have I been doing? Well, on a daily basis it seems like a lot but then when you tell someone about it it basically translates to "nothing much at all". Let's see, the weekend.... I can't even remember the weekend, dear oh dear. Oh, that's right, I'll build up to it. Suspense and all of that. Yeah. Last Thursday night I went to Mum and Dad's to say hi to them and to talk a bit about my moving and the things I'll need, small things they can get for me for Christmas that will help, etc etc. I am so so excited about this new job. So excited, so so so very excited. And do you know what's even better? Tomorrow, after 9 long drawn-out years, will be my last day ever with Bilo Supermarkets! w00t and all that!!!

But now I've jumped ahead of myself. Saturday I had a Friends of Belair meeting which was cool, and Sunday I went up to Monarto. The Nature Conservation Society was releasing the report for the Biological Survey they did in the area last September that I helped out with. They had a BBQ on afterwards and I was going to stay but ended up going and getting Subway on the way home because it was all meat stuff. Sigh. And, to top it all off, Randall spelt my bloody name wrong in the report. Twit, my name's an easy one to spell, my surname contains only 5 simple letters and he couldn't get it right. I shake my fist at him and curse his name!

Oh, I found my Honours thesis online which was pretty exciting. After doing that Google search for the girl's name I was talking about a few entries ago, I wondered what came up if I did a Google search on my own name. And I found my thesis had been converted into pdf and uploaded for anyone to gain access to it. That's pretty cool I reckon, except I forgot I put in an ugly, but amusing piccy of me my friend Chris took after I fell over. I shouldn't say fell over, as there was nothing to actual fall "over", I just fell. And it was funny. And she took a picture while I laughed myself silly. And I'm wearing my daggy bushwalking clothes with my hair crappily tied back so I'm immortalised as being ultra uncool. Ok, so maybe my thesis being available online isn't such a cool thing :P

Let's see, what else. Tuesday night I had the Christmas BBQ for the Herpetology (that's reptiles and amphibians) group I'm in, and that was a really good time. Mel got a little tipsy, but just enough to be happy, not over the top, and I had a great night. And they had stuff other than meat which was good too (helps when you're on the committee and you can ask for such things :P)

Yesterday Ivan surprised me by giving me my Christmas present early, which he kinda had to do because if he hadn't I would have gone and bought the Two Towers Extended Edition DVD myself. And I got a new keyboard, and I love the noise it makes when I type, which might be why this entry is so bloody long. I'm outta control, somebody stop me! Bloody Jim Carrey, ruined that line forever. So started watching it last night, but when it got to 2am and they were only just starting the battle of Helm's Deep, I thought I should really get to bed and finish it another day. The extra scenes made me so excited, there were a couple that I really thought should have been kept in the theatrical version but the rest were fine to take out. I'm sure Peter Jackson is so relieved I give him the thumbs up. Right. So I might go watch the rest now actually. OH! And today I got me ticket for the Return of the King, 9:30am on Boxing Day, w00t!!!!

Ok ok, I'm going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)