Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Merry Christmas!


I'd like to wish my two readers a safe and happy Christmas (you know who you are). I'm getting in a little early because the next few days will be busy. Traditionally, because I come from a European background, my family gets together on Christmas Eve so later today we'll be going over to Gran's for dinner and staying there for many hours. Then we leave gran's, and go to mum and dad's to open presents, then arrive home some time after midnight. So today I just finished wrapping the presents and then Ivan and I went to look at a couple of rental properties. Out of 5 there were 2 that we really liked, so it would be great if we could nab one of those and not have to worry about things anymore. Will have to wait until after Christmas to see though.

Tomorrow, Christmas Day, for once we have nothing planned, and it's going to be lovely. If the weather's nice we might go to the beach, otherwise we'll stay in and just have a nice day. Looking forward to the relaxation.

On Boxing Day Ben and I are gonna go and see Return of the King at 9:30am, so that will be an early start for me. Nothing planned for the rest of the day except probably watching the other two LOTR movies repeatedly.

Saturday we're going to mum and dad's for lunch. For some reason, despite seeing them at Christmas, mum wanted to spend a separate day with us. I guess it's partly because my cousin John died a couple of years ago on New Year's and so she likes to have the family together.

Sunday I'll be driving up with Mum and Dad to Berri to do a bit of the tourist thing and check out the town, as they've never been there and I've only been there for the interview. Will probably pick up a local paper and check out a couple of properties while we're there.

Earlier today I got a phone call from Greg about the job actually, just confirming my start date and time, telling me what sort of things the training will involve, and basically offering to help me with the moving as much as he can. He said he'll grab local papers, scan anything that might suit me and email them through, and if I want him to go and check any places out for me he will. That's gonna be a huge help!

Anyway, had better get going, might try and lie down a bit, damn early mornings, I'm not used to them now. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas, and I'll update again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)