Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2004

Happenings


Well the weekend came and went. Nothing exciting, but was a nice relaxing one anyway. On Friday night Ivan and I didn't get up to much except I finally got to see the last episode of The L Word, through tears, might I add! Saturday morning we dropped my car off at the mechanics and went grocery shopping, then watched the football, attempted to get back to sleep and played a bit of 1942 until I was ready to crash. Sunday I headed back to Berri, stopping in to see my sister and my grandma on the way back, and today has been one of the most uneventful days at work ever!

We were supposed to have gotten our new computer system but it has been delayed by a week. This is only bad because I was taking work with me to do out of the Adelaide office on Friday, and now I need to find something to take with me which won't be using the computer. The boss is yet to come up with anything, so it could be another day spent surfing the internet and doing little else.

But hey, it's all good! Better than the mad 'working until 7pm' sessions we had when I got back from holidays, that's for sure! I just wish I had something more exciting to blog about! Oh wait, there was one thing that Michelle will think interesting even if no one else does!

You won't believe it, but I actually held a 9 day old baby last week. I know, I still can't believe it myself! For those unaware, I am scared of holding babies when they are so young, I am scared that I'll break them or something equally bad. I had to wait until Michelle's kids were a few months old before I was brave enough to hold them. Then, before I left Bi-Lo one of my old workmates brought her 3 week old girl in, and a new record was set. Last week when Adam brought his 9 day old girl in (who weighed something less than 7 pounds and was tiny), he looked at me and asked "wanna hold her?" and I answered without even thinking. It was only as he was passing her to me that I said "I've never held a baby so young, I usually wait until they're older", and with a worried look he passed her over. However I then started panicking after 30 short seconds and was like "Err, anyone else? Please?". But hey, I did it, and that's the main thing. So Shelly, when you've had your next baby, I'll try again, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)