Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Whining about wine


Just a quick update because I don't want to write another long blog and have the internet eat it like it did yesterday!

Hooray, tomorrow is Friday!! Another busy weekend but it's ok, I still get some relaxing done I suppose so I shouldn't complain.

What I love about Berri is that I've made some great friends here, Bron being one of them. I've also become somewhat more cultured, moving on from drinking vodka and beer (not at the same time) to trying different wines because there are so many vineyards in the region. What I still need to get used to is the headaches that a nice Shiraz seem to give me though.

Yesterday, Zoe, one of the Adelaide staff, was up here doing some work so Bron invited us both over to her place for dinner last night. Bron is an awesome cook! She'd done a cooking course some time back and made the best stirfry I've ever had in my life! It was just beef strips and broccoli but the marinade was delicious, and it was served on a bed of rice followed with some chocolate pudding for dessert. Was really great.

So she cracked open the wine and the three of us went through a couple of bottles, which isn't a lot but I have the worst headache today. And it also meant I didn't get home until about four and a half hours later - so much for me telling her I wouldn't make much of a night out of it!

I really need to cook more often and consult some of the many cookbooks I actually have and try something new. I'm sure Ivan won't mind and no doubt it would actually be better for me! Well, it's good in theory but whether I actually do it or not is another story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)