Search This Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Last Night

I prayed last night for the first time in... well, ages. I don't know what else to do, how else to help. My parents are going through a really tough time at the moment and I want to take their pain away.

Dad has been unemployed since just before Christmas now, and for a man who has worked every day of his life it's understandable why it makes him so depressed. When things finally start looking up for him, he seems to get shot down again. On Monday he started working for a bakery doing morning deliveries and he enjoyed it, as he was finished every day by noon and delivering in an area he was familiar with. But on Sunday his sore back returned, but despite that, he went to work, as it was a week trial and he wanted to make a good impression. Yesterday the boss noticed him walking a little funny and, it seems, my Dad is too honest for his own good. The guy said they would not be able to hire him as they need someone reliable without ongoing back problems.

So Dad is devastated and feeling extremely worthless. It seems this is just not his year and he can't seem to get a break. I'm not sure if he can remain positive anymore. I know he'll keep looking for stuff, because that's the type of person he is, but I hate to know he is so down with himself.

My mum is the strongest woman I know but all this pressure is understandably stressing her out, and I think she might be at the end of her rope. Neither of them can sleep from worry, they are constantly crying and down, and it breaks my heart that this is happening to them. I've offered to help them financially but they would never accept that. Although Dad finally got his pay-out from his old employer yesterday so that should ease the burden for a little while. But how do you ease the emotional burden?

Please God, help them both...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)