Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2005

Scary stuff

Most people have a fear of dentists. I don't. Instead, I have the same fear of Optometrists. I can't explain what it is, all I know is that I hate going to see them. Perhaps it's because I've had to see them since I was a little kid, the fact that they attach all sorts of contraptions to your head, and repeatedly ask "Is it better with Number 1, or Number 2?".

Regardless of this irrational fear, my eyes have been bugging me lately, so I decided to bite the bullet to get my prescription revised. I am in desperate need of new contact lenses and was told that 1997 was the last time my eyes were tested. Crikey. On top of that, my glasses were something that needed to be in a museum. I think I must have last gotten a pair of glasses around 1990, because once I started high school I desperately wanted to switch to contacts and so only wore my glasses at home and nevermore in public.

So, the old glasses were huge and ugly, although Mum assures me I selected those ghastly frames myself. I've now decided to get with the times and have ordered new contact lenses as well as a new pair of glasses, and can't wait to get them. They're groovy Versace frames about half the size of my old glasses. I'd like to throw out the old ones, but perhaps donating them to the Adelaide Museum would be more worthwhile. After all, they are an artefact...

Anyway, I'll get the new ones in about 2 weeks, yay! I'll be glad to not have to squint at my computer monitor anymore or lean in to read things, or lean closer to the tv to read subtitles.

Aside from that the week has been work and little else. I got my car serviced. Exciting stuff. Today at work is quite dull and braindead, with a few of us doing a major mailout, which is a good Friday job I think. So I'm writing this before we start to try and kill time.

Hmm, perhaps my boredom should not be a reason to write here, as it only makes my readers suffer. Methinks I'll be off now then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)