Search This Blog

Monday, August 02, 2004

Just don't know what to do with myself


Ok, ok, I know I worry too much about things that may not even happen but I really don't know what to do. Because I'm a new public servant I'm on a year probation and so I thought that I would be in Berri working for at least a year. Before I moved up here Ivan and I also had to move in Adelaide so we moved him specifically into a smaller place so the rent would be less. We had it planned that by the time I move back to Adelaide we'd be much closer to getting our own place, that the next time we move it would be our last.

But now the boss has told me that I can apply for jobs in Adelaide at any time I like, and that in fact in a week, brand new positions will be advertised for a new office in Stirling, so I really don't know what to do. If I don't apply now, I might miss out, seeing as they are brand new positions I have a higher chance of getting one of them. But the timing is terrible. I have just re-signed my lease here so would be penalised for that, and there is nowhere for me to move all my things. I would have to rent another place, so I'm not sure I'd be saving any money at all, unless I get a housemate. Ofcourse I want to go back but the timing is awful and so I really have no idea what to do! So I'm probably worrying over nothing, but I have a feeling the jobs get advertised this week and I can't decide whether to apply for one or not.

Moving on from that, just a quick update on the weekend. Tomorrow is Dad's birthday so we had the family lunch thing on Saturday to celebrate it which was quite good. Maria brought her new man along, Steve, who seems quite nice and waaaay better than Nick ever was! Aside from that not much else was done apart from lots of gaming and watching Scrapped Princess. Oh, and I also saw I, Robot which was fantastic.

Anyway I had better get back to work. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)