Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2004

Brick walls


I hate being so short of cash. I hate it even more when you work out your budget for the fortnight, miscalculate, and end up spending money that you didn't have to begin with. When you realise you should have stuck to manual maths instead of a calculator where your fat fingers will most likely get it wrong. It's a week and a half until my next pay and I have no money left except for a little bit of cash I still had but it's all good, because I've started my computer upgrade, woooo! It's my own fault, I should have triple-checked my calculations, or waited another week instead of spending it straight away. Ah well, at least the bills are all paid.

I've also hit a brick wall with my writing. I'd written about a page, realised it was hitting too close to home and that I'd never want anyone to read it, and so erased everything. I haven't yet restarted, and I have no idea what to even do. I guess I should just make a list to start with, I don't know. To try and get some inspiration I've been reading a lot more over the weekend (Wil Wheaton's new book is gold).

In fact, that's pretty much where a lot of my time went over the weekend, to reading his new book. I only have a couple of chapters left after reading a bit more last night, I love when books draw you in like that. The weekend was a quiet one but I loved it. Most of my time on Saturday was made free by a change of plans, so I was only out of the house for about an hour. The rest of the weekend was either spent playing online with Ivan, reading, or watching a couple of movies he'd "obtained".

We watched Alien Versus Predator which I actually thought was awesome. It's hard to tell, with Alien movies since the last couple, which I thought were still good but were lacking in something, but this movie was really enjoyable (surprisingly so). Watching a Predator fighting an Alien made me sit forward in my chair, like whenever Terminators fight each other. Plus the story was pretty decent. The other film we watched was quite different to the first - Garfield. I actually am a fan of movies designed for kids and this wasn't too bad. Nowhere near as funny as something like Shrek but still not too shabby.

Yesterday was a typical Sunday - do nothing all morning, go to visit the folks, drive home, and try and muffle out the sound of my neighbours arguing. Honestly they're home together one night a week, is it so hard to be civil?

Hey, guess what? Another week and our new database is still not up at work. So this is another day where I again have minimal work to do, which sounds great but it's actually just really boring. If only I could think of something to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)