Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2004

The Weekender


Another Monday at work with not much to do except blog, so I've started writing my novel on the side. I can tell you now if I don't change my mind part-way through about what I want it to be about, it's going to need a hell of a lot of rewrites because it's really crapola right now. My creative mind isn't developed yet so it's hard to write something where I can distance myself from my characters but I'm going to have to try. If I make this too personal I won't want anyone to read it, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Hope you all had a good weekend, mine was up and down. As usual saw the folks on the way to Ivan's on Friday night then just spent a bit of time online and got a pretty early night. On Saturday morning Ivan's parents came around for a little while, I had a little running around to do and then I went and had lunch with Nicole and Virginia. I was figuring it out afterwards and realised I've known Nicole for 10 years and Virginia for 9, I have no idea where that time has gone. Now they're both married and Nicole has a child, and I'm living 250Kms away from my partner and don't even own my own home, well done to me...

Nah we had a great lunch, I think in the end we were at the Cafe for about 4 hours just chatting and catching up, it was really nice. Saturday night was a quiet one which was what I wanted. We sat down to watch Troy and 20 minutes before the ending the DVD player died. So I have the thing sitting on my computer at the moment, I must watch it, I was really getting into it and it's the ending it's been building up to, dammit!

Sunday was the usual quiet, pack-up day, stopping in to see Mum and Dad again before heading back to Berri. Then listening to my neighbours screaming at each other as their baby yells his lungs out. Yep, relaxing dinner that was...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)