Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Wednesday = Berri party day!


Well, not really, but it seems to be the night we here at work seem to pick when we want to unwind and go for dinner somewhere or have a night out drinking. Not that there are many places to go here - there's the local Hotel or the Golf Club, and we haven't yet decided which one we're going to tonight. I wasn't too keen on going earlier today, the nights have been really cold here and I just wanted to go home and stay warm, but seeing as no one really feels like getting drunk tonight but instead just have a nice dinner, I figured I'd go along anyway. I sit at home too much as it is, I'm really starting to show my age if I keep doing that!

So, incase you've been in solitary confinement you'd all know by now the Olympics have started. I love the Olympics, if I turn on the tv I can quite happily sit down and watch whatever's on, but I've barely caught anything so far this year. Getting Broadband at home means most nights are spent online and I haven't been keen enough to get up at 2am to watch any events. Plus there are enough highlights during the day to get the gist of what's happening. I remember when they were in Sydney in 2000 I sat there and thought "I'm definitely going to the next Olympics". But here I am, in Berri, nowhere near Athens. I have no inclination to go to Beijing for the next ones, but maybe the ones after that! Well, I can always dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)