Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2004

Home time yet?



The damn Murray Bridge office still hasn't sent me the work I have to finish off so it's been another quiet day. Which isn't bad, considering the weekend was rather hectic.

Mum and Dad arrived on Friday at around 4pm so I left work early to go home and spend time with them. We went and had dinner at the golf club which was really nice. It was a really nice day outside so we sat out on the patio and had our dinner. We played the pokies for a little while, went home and stayed up chatting until 11pm (which for my parents is a late night). It was so wonderful to just sit and talk with them, we never really get a chance to do that so it was good. Mostly the conversation centred around Maria and how she was still quite depressed about things.

On Saturday Mum and I went and did my washing and did some grocery shopping and then by the time we got home Maria and Grandma had arrived for the day. After they relaxed for a bit we went clothes shopping and I actually managed to find about 8 outfits. That never happens! And although the scales tell me I haven't lost any weight yet (grr!) I think I may have lost some centimetres as I've dropped a dress size, w00t! We went home and had a late lunch, then I coloured Maria's hair. While we had some time to ourselves she was telling me that she'd started talking to a new guy. I don't know whether this is good or bad, she needs to get over Nick but this is rather fast and I'm afraid she'll latch onto this new guy even if he is a total loser. She hadn't told Mum and Dad yet, so I dunno, maybe it's nothing.

Before I knew where the time had gone, Maria and Grandma headed home and Mum, Dad and I had a quiet night in just watching the football. The Sunday was quite hectic as we really wanted to go and check out Renmark, so we were up and out the door quite early. We spent some time driving around the town which was so lovely, it's a really beautiful town. It is slightly busier than Berri in that it has one set of traffic lights as opposed to the zero we have! We checked out the riverbank then headed to a Greek festival that was on. That was pretty ordinary though, so we weren't there long before we headed back to Berri. On the way we also stopped into the Big Orange (excitement plus) and Bredl's Reptile Park. That was pretty cool as anyone that knows me knows I love reptiles, but it was quite interesting. There were other animals there too. Kangaroos, Emus, Deer, Goats, Geese, all of which pretty much had this open terrain. The Wedge-Tailed Eagles were my favourite animal in their rather large enclosure. All the reptiles had beautiful setups. But then you see the monkeys which were in these small enclosures looking really unhappy. Was quite sad, but interesting to see where the keeper's real priorities lie!

Mum and Dad left at around 2pm and I then breathed a sigh of relief. It was great to have them stay, I had a wonderful time, but after a while their fussing gets rather annoying.

Even though I spoke to Ivan last night on the phone, I still missed him like mad without seeing him for the weekend and am feeling rather homesick today.

That's about it really.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)