Search This Blog

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Points to mention


Well, they're probably not all worthy of mentioning but it'll all clear my headspace somewhat anyway so may as well.

- Work has given us pedometers for this 4-week program to encourage fitness by walking. The first week is supposed to measure your normal routine and then you have to build on it. It should help to encourage me to get up and do something about my weight, but truth is I'm not that motivated.
- Mum and Dad always say I should use their AMEX and I never have, because I don't want to sponge off them, but with it being so damn hot here lately and me really needing some more summery things (because my fat ass won't fit into things I already have) I went and bought a few things yesterday at lunch.
- The book club at work seems to be the only way to buy books in this town since there is NO bookstore (disgraceful) and my recent purchase arrived yesterday. It's called God's Callgirl and it has now been added to my ever expanding pile of books on my bedside table. I suspect one day I'll return home to find my bedside table has caved in on one side.
- I haven't loaded up The Sims 2 in about a week. It's an addictive game and yet I've managed to get time to myself in there.
- Most of the time now, when I log on, I don't bother loading up trillian. Last night was a great reason why I probably won't for another week (well, after tonight, because the clan has a DC scrim on tonight and I kinda need some contact with my clanmates).
- Saying I'm being "artificial" (i.e. fake) with my feelings, and then resenting me and telling me I "drive people mad" when I actually want to talk to you about something that bothers me, only proves to me that my observation on how certain people treat me when things get tough was sound.
- How the hell did the connection between what was bothering me last night and what happened months ago get made? I certainly didn't get that connection, you did. It seems you're the one dwelling on the past, not me, seeing as what I needed to talk to someone (a friend, I thought) about last night had absolutely. nothing. to. do. with. months. ago. Maybe if you had actually bothered to listen to what I was saying and not jump on the defensive immediately, you might have seen that.
- In other news, this weather is messing with my sleeping patterns, although I've started taking the trusty hayfever medicine now. Let's hope I sleep better tonight.
- Bron and I have decided to go to the Big Day Out next year. The lineup looks great and I've only ever been to one Big Day Out before (in 1997, when it was supposed to be the last one) so I'm already looking forward to it. Only 4 months to go!!
- I'm currently listening to the latest Eskimo Joe CD thanks to Bron's awesome CD collection. Incidentally, they'll be playing at the BDO :)
- I miss Glen heaps, he'd always keep me sane in cases like last night. Sure, we SMS every now and then but it's definitely not the same, and the phone calls got too expensive.
- Ivan's emails cheer me up without him even knowing he's doing it :) Bless him :)
- It has taken me a long time to write very little.
- I hope I don't forget to vote on Saturday.
- I'm mad at myself for so many reasons today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)