Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2004

*sneezing fit*


So, this hayfever's a bitch. Even though I've been regularly using my nasal spray, yesterday was the worst hayfever day I've had yet this season, so today I had to go and buy something stronger. I really, really need sleep! Stupid sinuses wouldn't let me fall asleep until around 1am, then I woke up at 4am totally unable to breath and with a drippy nose. Sexy. Finally fell asleep about an hour later but was having some weird-ass dreams so woke up many times, until the alarm went off and I crawled out of bed. Ugh. So I'm feeling really seedy today.

Anyway, enough whinging, time to fill you in on what I've been up to. For the last couple of days last week we ended up going to Banrock Station Wetlands and also around Lake Bonney at Barmera and it was great, but there seems to be a fly plague or something in the Riverland at the moment. Friday was pretty much a write-off. It was Rory's farewell lunch and so the time around that was spent doing as little as possible by everyone it seemed. On Friday afternoon I headed home to Adelaide, getting home just before 8pm. Ivan had recorded a bunch of TV shows for me during the week (we don't have Channel 7 in Berri and The Amazing Race is back on), so we just watched those and attempted to get some sleep.

I'm in the slow process of a computer upgrade (getting about one part a month) and my most recent purchase was a computer case. I probably didn't need a new one but I wanted a cool one I could personalise. Purple is my favourite colour so I want a purple computer. So, I got the case, and Saturday morning I went to the local paintshop to get some paint mixed because I'm getting it airbrushed. After 3 attempts I finally picked a purple they could actually mix right then so that's all sorted. After that I met up with Tash for a coffee and late breakfast at a Cafe in Unley. It was her birthday on the 12th, and she'd recently had a trip to Europe, so we had a lot of photographs to go through and catching up to do. I can't believe how lucky she is to have seen some of the things she saw, like they went to Italy and she got to see Michaelangelo's David, and the Vatican (even though I'm not Catholic it'd be cool to see) and the ruins of Pompeii. Lucky thing!

Anyway before we knew it, it was around 1:30pm so I headed home to spend some time with Ivan before I headed out again. He sufficiently kicked my ass playing golf on the computer and then I was off to have dinner with Michelle and Craig. The kids have grown so much! And Jacob is all scared around me now, gone are the days when he would sit and show me all his toys, hehehe! I need to try and see them more often I think. After a delicious chicken pie baked by Michelle (by the way, it didn't make me sick Shelly, hehehe) we headed off to go and see her parent's new place. Heidi and Mark were visiting as well and it was so lovely to see them all. After a while we headed back to Michelle's and Craig taught us a couple of versions of poker, and it was such a laugh, I honestly haven't laughed like that in a while. Eventually, a much more real and serious game of poker was starting on Foxtel, and it was time for me to head home.

Even though I wanted to, I just didn't manage to sleep in on Sunday. I did the usual, wasting away of the morning, before packing my things and heading back to Berri. Again, as usual, I stopped into Mum and Dad's, then dashed home, unpacked and walked across the road to Bron's and we headed out to the Drive-In. I have never been to the Drive-In in my life and it's about the only place we have here in Berri for movies (the picture theatre only plays movies every so often). Both movies were ones I had seen before (Mean Girls and The Bourne Supremacy) but I didn't want to pike on Bron after promising her I'd go. She has a cold and me with my hayfever, so we were sitting there with a box of tissues sniffling and sneezing, quite a sight to behold!

Anyway so that's what I've been doing. Work is still very boring because our system is still not working, It's about 3 hours until I get to go home, and I just want to fall asleep at my desk. Tonight is TV night (as is tomorrow) so I think I'll go home and lie in bed and hope for a decent night's sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)