Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Short weeks rock!


After a long weekend I'm here, back at work, with time to update my blog. I thought it was a long weekend all around Australia but apparently not, SA, NSW and ACT were the lucky few, yay!

So the weekend was pretty damn good! On Friday morning I left for Adelaide, had lunch with Dad then went to a meeting in the city. The meeting only lasted about half an hour so I got to Ivan's at around 2pm and had the rest of the afternoon off. It was great but my weekend felt all out of whack because I didn't really work on Friday at all. Friday night was quiet, as was most of Saturday, with Ivan and I spending time practising our computer games for the LAN we were going to on Sunday.

All that I had to do on Saturday was go for my last facial peel. The place I go to had just moved to new premises and now I can see myself spending even more money to go there more often! They're in this old house, so each room is set up for different things, and when you get there they get you to even change into this really cool bathrobe and stuff. It all makes you feel so special, like it feels like an actual beauty spa now. Dull to you guys but to me it was exciting :) That night was another quiet one, so Ivan chucked on some TV shows. We watched the pilot episode of Knight Rider which was HILARIOUS to look back on, then watched CSI: New York and Joey, both which were quite good.

So, for some reason Darren started his LAN on Sunday at 9am. This is an ungodly time! So Ivan and I managed to get there at 10am (still a personal best I believe) and the day began. We started of with the Call of Duty expansion which was quite a bit of fun, with all the new tanks and things they'd added. We stopped for lunch (which seemed to take forever) and then tried to get Battlefront working but when more then 2 people got into a game it lagged out which was a pity. On abandoning that we got into some Golf, where each person had set up their golfer to look like them so that was pretty funny. Incidentally, my golfer looked nothing like me. After a great effort on my first 8 holes I choked and Ivan ended up winning the prize which was this golf bag thing that sings, hehehe! We had a few quick games of some Motocross game and then it was time for dinner. The pizza took forever to get there so I sat down with Christine and watched the ending of Final Destination with her, then after we finally got our dinner it was time for some C&C Generals. Our team got our asses kicked. Finally, we played some Raven Shield, then got home at about 1:30am, so it was a full-on day.

On Monday I had a bit of a sleep-in, packed my things up and started the trek back to Berri. On the way I went and had lunch with Mum because she had to work, then stopped in and spent about an hour with Dad, and finally got home at around 6pm. The weekend was great, and although there were some days where I didn't do anything I came home completely stuffed. And then, last night I couldn't sleep, I don't know why, but I kept waking up and had a really restless night. Anyway, that's what I got up to on the long weekend. So, this week is a short week, and then next week I won't be in the office at all, yay!!! I get to drive around and sightsee a bit, so I can't wait until this week is over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)