Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Commence "Freak Out"

I can't believe how quickly this week is flying. I come to work, I go home and have dinner, I might watch either an episode of Battlestar Galactica or I watch some TV while I pack, then it's time for sleep, then rinse and repeat. So why does it feel like I'm not getting anywhere?

This morning I got up at 6:30am to do some more packing, and felt I was doing great. But time ran away from me, and somehow I ended up half an hour late for work. How on earth is that possible? It's so annoying - I need to pack and yet I need to earn wages too. And I look at the pile of boxes and think I've packed heaps, but then I realise I still have a whole room I haven't yet touched, and so on and so forth.

Tonight a few of us from work are going out for drinks. Truth be told, if it wasn't my party, I'd cancel and go home and pack. There just seems to be so much left to still do. I think half the battle is deciding what to pack for moving in with Ivan and what to put into storage. So I'm in Freak Out mode at the moment. Don't think I'll have a big one tonight so that I can get up early and do some more. In fact, I may go home at lunch and do another box quickly. So, I would have thought people would understand if I didn't have time to chat to them online but that does not seem to be the case. Awesome. People can be so "busy" they don't talk to me for months at a time, but heaven forbid I should say I'm busy one day. I love the level of fairness and understanding, truly.

Anyway, so I finished Jennifer Government by Max Barry last night and the book is freakin' awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good story. I won't be updating my "read" bit for a while though, because I've packed all the books I am waiting to read, so Max gets a slightly extended plug.

Well, I suppose that's enough procrastinating for now, back to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)