Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Lettuce OD

Ok, there really must be an abundance of lettuce in this country. Lately when getting McDonald's, Ivan has joked around saying we should ask for extra lettuce, because the thing spills out of the sides of the burgers because they put so bloody much of the stuff in them.

I've been getting salads for lunch (too lazy to make them myself) and today I think my salad is made up of 7/8ths lettuce. No kidding, I think half a head of lettuce went into just my salad. They even appeared to have so much of the stuff, that not only have I got the regular lettuce leaves contained in the salad but they've also thrown in some of that shredded shit they put in the sandwiches.

Do the lettuce growers of Australia know their product is being used in such a wasteful fashion? That there is so much of the stuff that stores are, quite literally, giving the stuff away?

Times like these I wish I had a rabbit to feed back home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)