Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2005

Fresh start

Well the move went well and I'm writing this from the Adelaide office where I started my new job today. It's a little quiet at the moment because 4 of us have started and things aren't quite set up as yet. Tomorrow there'll apparently be a big desk shuffle but until then things are quiet and I'm tired of reading about groundwater so thought I might do a quick update.

My farewell lunch on Friday went really well and my old workmates were kind enough to get me a $50 Border's Gift Voucher as a farewell present! I left work at around 2pm and got home to find that Mum and Dad had already left but they had done all the cleaning so I didn't need to worry about any of that which was excellent. Ivan arrived at around 3pm, we packed up our cars and waited for the removalists. We took off after a couple of hours, stopped to have dinner at Truro Hotel, and then got home around 9:30pm. The rest of the weekend was then spent packing away some stuff, regular housework stuff and lots of lazing around... stuff. I started playing Playboy - The Mansion which is a sim-game and very amusing and addictive. I played it for at least 4 hours.

It's so much quieter in this office, I think that might take some getting used to. The other new people seem nice, a couple of them are on temporary contracts and seem a little older but I think as a team we'll get on just fine. At lunch I went and spent my Border's voucher, although it was hard to know what to decide on. I ended up buying On The Run and Anna Karenina. I'm also expecting some Dymock's vouchers to arrive soon. Truly, I am not addicted to books...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)