Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2005

Visited


Since Sammo was visiting from Canberra, the weekend was busy but really good at the same time :) I arrived home at about 8:30pm and he was already there with Ivan and Alex, so we just got some dinner and played a few games amidst catching up.

On Saturday morning Sammo and I went to this Aviation Museum in Port Adelaide. I didn't even know we had something like that. It was actually quite good, as they had a Spitfire on display as well as a C47 that you could walk through. Then ofcourse there were other displays, and I was loving all the original documents they had. I can't get over how tiny anyone in the airforce had to be! You could see right into, for example, a nose gunner's position, and it was like this tiny chair, and I can't fathom how people actually could move their arms to fire the guns. I mean, not only did you have to be thin, but it seemed you couldn't even be tall, because your legs wouldn't squeeze into your gunner position.

Anyway from there we took some lunch home, then Alex came and picked us up and the 4 of us went to Glenelg to have a bit of a look around. From there we went to the golf course on Tapleys Hill Road for a round of Mini Golf (which Ivan won, curse him :P), then decided to stay and have a few hits at the Driving Range. I had never really tried that before (Michelle and I went once but I think I only took one swing) but I really enjoyed it. I was really bad at it, but I enjoyed learning and would love to go again and practice some more. We then went, had dinner, and had more computer stuff for the night.

Sunday was pretty quiet as I think we were all a bit stuffed. Just caught up on the tv shows for the week, then headed home, dropping Sammo off at the hotel on the way. Visited Mum and Dad as usual, and then got home at around 8:30pm.

Anyway, so I still need a new name for my blog. I know people are reading this, now, think up some new name for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)