Search This Blog

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Procrastination is an art


So you can guess by the title that I'm just taking a short break from work. It isn't that I have nothing to do, it's just that the task I'm currently doing is a little tough, so in between letters I thought I'd kill some time by blogging about nothing.

It is so weird, sitting here as my sunburn peels and aches, when outside it is really cold, cloudy, windy and rain falls at times unpredictably. How odd, that the weather can take such a dramatic turn in one week!

Since returning from Sydney things have gone back into the normal, quiet routine. I think it took Ivan to drum it into me, but I really need to knuckle down on this saving for a house thing, so this month of spending like crazy on Sydney and now this weekend the Big Day Out, will be my last splurge for a very long time. I'm glad to be moving back to Adelaide for monetary reasons as well as personal, because paying two lots of rent and bills has made my credit card debt go crazy, and I really need to sort that out. It's weird, it's like I knew all of this but needed Ivan to get mad at me for me to realise the importance of it.

I've found out I will be starting my new position in Adelaide on the 28th of February, and I can't wait. Now I really need to pull my finger out, and start this packing. I only moved just over a year ago but so many things have accumulated in that time, it's mad. I think this time I'll get some removalists instead of doing it all ourselves though, which will help, and work pays for it so why not utilise it.

So, as I said earlier, tomorrow is the Big Day Out. I have only ever been to one before, back in 1997, so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the rain eases up though, as it's never much fun for these outdoor festivals to be stuck under the little shelter they have with 30000 other people. So I have the day off work tomorrow, and will be driving back to Adelaide tonight, and the rest of the weekend might be quiet I think, but that will be good too.

It's so obvious I have nothing to write about, hey? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)